Saturday, September 3, 2016

Ready For Fall

Summer has come to an end and fall is in the air. I have been working on a few fall things. I recently purchased the kit for the table runner and really enjoyed making it. I believe that I finished it in about a week. Pattern is by Primitive Gatherings and is called Pumpkin Farm table runner. The kit came with everything but the thread. I just used thread that I had in my stash.

The detail on this runner is amazing. I did change the flowers from purple to more subtle yellows, reds and oranges.

The runner fits nicely on an old table in the upstairs hall. Notice the old window? My father in law gave it to me. It is from an old farmhouse that was across the road from their country house.

Fall quilt that is about 7 years in the making. For some reason I never did buy any fabric for the binding. Last year I purchased some matching brown and am just now getting around to binding the quilt. 

Starting to finish some cross stitch pieces. Finished these last year and have started on a few for this year. The small quilt table runner was very easy and was a kit from Prairie Women's Sewing Circle. Very cute pattern and the green is not as bright as this picture makes it. The doll in the old dough bowl is from Gail Wilson pattern. Love her patterns and extremely easy instructions for making the dolls look just like hers. They are very meticulous but turn out beautiful.  
Have a very wonderful weekend,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment