Saturday, October 17, 2020

Elves Everywhere!

Getting ready for Fall is so fun. Our weather has turned cooler and the leaves are turning. Some have even started to fall. The chickens are molting and laying few eggs, so the days are getting shorter. The garden is tapering off. I just love this time of the year! Bonfires, corn mazes, hot chocolate, hayrides!

Fun vintage style Halloween/Fall kneehuggers. Some of the hats are made out of 1940s newspaper that I carefully recycled off of some old paper pieced quilt squares. I want to use these squares in a quilt but hate to destroy the old newspaper. So I repurposed some of it. The sailor style hat is made from a modern newspaper, The Valley Times News from Alabama. My in-laws save my hometown papers for me. I love them! It just so happened that the newspaper that I used was from November of last year so it had an article about a skating rink Halloween party. I was able to use this article. The words: costume contest, scary, costumes are shown on the hat.

Fun vintage style pumpkin kneehugger. Hand sculpted by me using pattern that I designed.

He is a green pumpkin with a mischievous laugh.

He has a jolly laugh! Don't you just love his candy corn costume and matching collar.

1940s newspaper hat.

Santa has a FULL beard! He reminds me of the Santa from the old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie.

Frosty has rosy cheeks and a corn cob pipe!
Thanks for reading!
Keep those creative juices flowing,
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment