Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Foot Power....

Haven't worked on anything primitive in the last few days. I have been working on some http://www.cottonpickinfun.blogspot.com/ stuff. Head on over there to check it out. I will leave you with a small post. This summer, if mom comes to visit, I would like to learn to sew on this baby:
It is a treadle sewing machine-doesn't use electricity just your foot power-AWESOME. Wish it was more portable, she weighs about 75lbs? Mom use to sew all of her clothes on one when she was a teenager. I would love to sew something on it. I can't remember what year model it is but the decal is of the Spinx. Which I guess was real popular when King Tut's tomb was discovered?
The machine is pretty clean. I am not sure how to do the bobbin or if it uses modern needles. I do have a manual that I need to check out.
Thanks and have a great day tomorrow!!
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment