Friday, February 25, 2011

Mail's Here!!

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to make a mohair bear. I do have a kit that I bought years ago and never started. The thought of cutting that beautiful large piece of mohair makes my skin crawl. I have made bears, lots of bears. Bears that I call my preparation bears. They were preparing me so that I might cut into that beautiful mohair. I dream of making old antique Steiff looking bears. Today I received a package in the mail. It is from The Old Pincushion located in the Netherlands. Why the Netherlands you ask? Well..her bears are adorable and old looking and she makes patterns for them and has kits and mohair to go along with her patterns. Netherlands....hmmm...expensive shipping. Well, no, not really. I did save up my $, though. Some from Christmas, some from Etsy and some from commissioned work. I can't remember the exact shipping, but somewhere in the ball park of  $10-$15. Don't quote me. If you would like to know the exact amount, just leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Check out her website: http://www.vivianne-galli.blogspot.com/
Above: cute mohair bear kit, comes with eyes, thread for eyes, lace, cotter pins, rusty jingle bell, ribbon rose, discs, wool felt and mohair. The 4 differents types of mohair on the right were another kit, it contains just mohair.

Above: here's one sweet little bear. She's about 8 1/2 " tall.

Above: here's the other little bear. He is about 4 3/4" tall.

Above: all the different colors of mohair that I ordered. Each mohair piece is just enough to make one little
4 3/4 " bear. Maybe this will give me the confidence to cut into that big PaPa Bear mohair.
Have a "happy remains of the day" and a wonderful weekend,
-H
ps. guess who the quote is by. Hint: his best friend is Piglet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment